This Blog OF Mine: When America Cried */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ Check Out My Personal page links on The right hand sidebar #spotlight{ filter:light } body { background:#000000; margin:0; color:#ffffff; font: x-small "Trebuchet MS", Trebuchet, Verdana, Sans-serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#99aadd; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#aa77aa; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ffffff; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #000000; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #000000; text-align: center; color:#ffffff; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 200% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#ffffff; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000000; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 100% Georgia, Times, serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#6131BD; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#ffffff; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#ffffff; font-weight:bold; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#ffffff; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#6131BD; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #000000; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #6131BD; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #99aadd; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #000000; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #6131BD; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Pages

FeedBurner FeedCount

Sep 8, 2006

When America Cried


The alarm clock buzzing loudly so I would get up out of bed to start my day's work cleaning up the Resevoir so the visitors of the park would have clean restrooms and garbage cans to use during the day. It usually took me about four hours to get every thing done before the visitors would be there. When I finished with everything I had to do, I would travel to the local store it was only a couple of miles down the road from the Park. It was a regular habit for me to do. Once I arrived at the store I usually stood around for a few brief moments talking to the store owner.



As I walked into the store Jerry asked if I had seen the News yet this morning ? I said no what is going on ? He told me the United states is being attacked,by terrorists my responce was yeah right and when did this happen. He looked at me saying it's happening now take a look. He turned the small television he had sitting on the counter behind him so I could see the news broadcast. To my surprise it was real,I saw a jet fly into the first tower I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I felt terror,in my heart the first thing I thought of was all the people who were scrambling for their life and how could this really be happening. I immediately headed out the front door jumped into my truck and started to head back up the mountain road to the resevoir.



This time the two miles seemed to take longer to travel thoughts were racing through my mind of how could some body do this on purpose to deliberatly kill for the joy of hurting or getting even. I thought of the people who were in the building and seen the jet coming their way knowing it wasn't high enough to miss the building. How terrified they must have been I thought of their loved ones that would never see them again. Finally I get back to the trailer turning, the news on another jet crashed into the second tower. The towers were starting to fall, people were screaming as they were running to get out of the way from the debre of the first falling tower.



I witnessed a person jumping from the second tower to their death down below, so frightened and filled with terror their first reaction was to jump. I started praying for the people who were losing their lives,the children who were going to be left with out a parent or maybe even both parents. I thought of the firemen who had to enter the building to save, lives if it was at all possible,and the firemen who lost their lives while simply doing there job. The news wasn't just happening in New York City there was a third plane that hit the pentagon in Washington D.C. a fourth that had crashed due to the heroic Americans that crashed the plane trying to abort the attack where ever the terrorists were headed.



The news went on for days and even months of the attack it had a real effect on me mentally I couldn't sleep at night I finally made an appointment with my doctor to see if he could write me a script for a few sleeping pills. Eventually things started to fall back to normal I started to get back into my normal sleep habits It was a very frightening experience I'll never forget.


Mightiest Of Powers



Jehovah my Father mightiest of powers have you seen what Satan has done to the once standing Towers? He showered them with hatred and death. That is what cowards will do. Killing Fathers,Mothers,Sisters,Brothers even there children too. The world is in mourning Jehovah sent warning of Satan's miraculous doom. This we can count on Jehovahs word is Faithful and True. Soon there after Jehovah My Father Mightiest Of Powers will make all things new.






AddThis Social Bookmark Button



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A family friend called and told us to put on CNN, we here in Canada watched in horror as well. I am sure a lot of the world cried with you.

I didn't make it to school that day, I actually went with my entire family and went and donated Blood that afternoon because they asked us to so they could send it to NY.

It was a day I will never forget... you don't have to be American to mourn that kind of loss, such tragedy is life changing.

I just don't understand how your President can justify more violence. The war is one that will never end and it has and was fought in the wrong country. Funny Saddam was caught and Osama Bin Laden is still out there... where is the justice? Sure the capture of Saddam was good but you are fighting a war that will never be won, you can't just take out a belief system, once on is killed or sent to justice someone will take his place.... just like it would happen if your president was killed....

I didn't know you were Jehovah Witness.... I had no idea... I am still assuming here because of your comments...

Anyways... It is Amber... they still haven't fixed the blogger thing to get people to comment on each others with our names showing... take care you.